Friday, August 3, 2012

Thrift Stores Make Me Go YAY!!

So, I just graduated from law school and finished taking the Bar Exam.  Now, I find myself with free time again for the first time EVER.

Before I started law school my son was so little that he was a full time job.  I started law school when he was two years old.  So, it's safe to say that I haven't had time to really discover new hobbies or invest time in them like I'd like to since before I became a mother almost seven years ago.  But now, I do.  My son is more independent now and I don't have constant homework.

Free time.... those are two new words for me.

And, I must admit, having all of this free time all of a sudden is a little crazy.  I don't quite know what to do with all of it.  But, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Today I went to a thrift store.  I forgot how much I love them.  I love everything about them.

I love to waste time in them.  I could walk around in a thrift store for hours.  There's always so much to see and you never know what you're going to find.

I love how cheap everything is!  You can always find a great deal.

I love how you can find great projects and let your creativity go crazy in a thrift store.  You can just see the finished product of an old chest or bench or frame as soon as you lay eyes on it.

I love old things.  I love old books.  I love old phones.  I love old record players.  I love old furniture.  I love it all!

And also, I love that you never know what you're going to come home with.  Each trip is different and you never know when you'll happen upon that perfect item you just can't leave without.  ;)

So, like I said.... today I went to a thrift store.  My husband and son went along too.  We had a great time just wasting time, walking around and looking at everything and of course, I had to share what we came home with.

oversized costume jewelry ring $6 (new)
small sized peace earrings $1.75 (new)
The Hunger Games (which I now have time to read) $1
And my little man found these:  two Star Wars figures $9 total

Needless to say, we came home happy.  And, I've rediscovered my love for thrift stores.  I can't wait to hit up another one and see what goodies we come home with next.


No comments:

Post a Comment